Starting a New Business & Small Business Financial Consulting
Whether you’re starting a new business or need some small business financial advice, Flewelling & Mitton, PC has the expertise to help you launch & grow your business.
It’s critical to the future success of your venture that you get off on the “right foot” when starting a new business. Once you’re a going concern, our small business financial consulting services can optimize your processes and advise you on ways to improve profitability and control expenses.
Starting a New Business
Once you’ve decided to start your own business, you’ll need to make some specific financial and tax decisions as well as file documents with state and federal governmental agencies. We have the expertise to help you wade through those requirements, giving you the best chance to succeed. Some of the considerations are:
- Business entity selection and formation – Sole Proprietorship, LLC, S- or C-Corp?
- Setting up an initial chart of accounts – Make sure you have all your income and expense accounts in place
- Selecting accounting software and training – We’ll get you started with your bookkeeping tasks
- Record-keeping procedures and requirements – What do you need to keep and for how long?
Small Business Financial Consulting
Because of our experience with analyzing financial statements, we can help you to find ways to improve profitability and growth. We believe that the success of our clients is a direct reflection of our own firm. Here is a partial list of the services that we provide:
- Purchase/sale of a business – We’ll help you evaluate the transaction and the tax consequences
- Ratio analysis – Are your expenses and revenues in line with the industry?
- Financial planning and budgeting assistance – How can you improve your profitability?
- Management advisory services – Planning for future growth
- Analysis of accounting processes and internal controls – Ensure you’re on top of your financial decisions
- Cash flow analysis – Cash inflow/outflows determine your business solvency